About Felixstowe International College
We encourage our students to aspire to the highest levels of achievement through self-evaluation and continual monitoring from staff. We consider the attributes of each individual and ensure that they have the support they fully deserve in all disciplines. Students will quickly adapt to life in the UK and will experience a new way of life which will help them to fulfill their aspirations.“All the staff, teachers, and friends at FIC were friendly and so nice to me that I didn’t really have to worry about having home-sick during my time at FIC. It’s truly amazing to see how I changed at FIC. I used to not be brave enough to express myself with confidence, but I became someone who could demonstrate my ideas with confidence and be more responsible by the time I finished studying at FIC.” “Felixstowe International College helped me to create my dreams and become more mature. I have learnt how to study and become more sociable.” “I have been studying here at F.I.C since the beginning of the year. This period of time has influenced me more than any other experience in my life” “I first came to F.I.C just for the summer course but I decided to come back. I like the kind teachers, the lessons and the housemother. I could not play the piano or cello before – but I can now!”
“…thank you so much for making us feel so welcome and for providing us with beautiful music and dance. We really enjoyed this and can see how talented you are.” Ofsted Nov 16 Student Summary
“The atmosphere in the school and Maybush house is one of tolerance, kindness and fun. We thought that this was a credit to all of you.” Ofsted Nov 16 Student Summary
Aims & Objectives
"Friendship Through Education"
An international community living and working together and in the local community to achieve individual academic success and learn life skills.
Aspires to be the best possible starting point in British independent boarding education for boys and girls from around the world. With an in-depth understanding and experience of meeting the particular needs of international students, the School provides individuals with a focused pastoral, cultural and academic experience in a supportive, safe and caring environment.
Based on a Christian ethos we promote mutual trust and respect, commitment, integrity and tolerance in a global society.
We aspire to:
- help our pupils develop into happy, confident, caring, resilient young men and women.
- provide high quality teaching and learning which will enable pupils to enjoy their studies and become independent and confident learners able to fulfil their academic potential.
- be a community in which the quality of relationships is given a high priority, and in which pupils and staff work together for the benefit of each other and the wider world.
- provide personal guidance and support to help our pupils enjoy school, negotiate risk and make good choices.
- introduce and encourage our pupils to join clubs and volunteer in the local community that will expand their people skills, develop their talents and gain in confidence while improving their English.
- we want pupils to discover things they are good at, which they can enjoy and which boost their self-esteem.
- help our students develop the skills, qualities and goals that will enable them to pursue their ambitions at university and find employment in the rapidly changing world of work.